24 October 2011

Vegan Planet Chocolate Chip Cookies


My boss has been bugging me to make him some chocolate chip cookies for weeks now. He's kind of a jerk about vegan food, so the cookies had to be really good. I decided to try the Vegan Planet recipe for the first time. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of maple syrup, but I only had a maple-agave blend, so I used that instead.

Pros: No margarine required. They stay soft and chewy. Not overly sweet.

Cons: They lack the rich, buttery flavor I've come to expect in a good chocolate chip cookie. There's half a cup of oil in the recipe, but I feel like they almost need more fat. No crisp edges. Requires egg replacer.

Overall: Eh, they're okay. I don't know if I'll share them (I probably will, but only because I don't want to eat two dozen cookies by myself). I try to avoid Earth Balance most of the time because it's expensive, but I've never found a satisfying oil-based chocolate chip cookie recipe. The search continues...



No comments:

Post a Comment