02 November 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Walnut Butter Cookies


I made a batch of chocolate walnut butter a couple weeks ago that I wasn't happy with (cocoa powder in nut butter = grainy nut butter), so after it sat in the fridge forever, I finally decided to bake it into something. It already sort of looked like cookie dough, so I just went with it. The cookies came out pretty good, considering they were totally improvised. I just threw a bunch of stuff in a bowl and hoped for the best. That's usually a recipe for failure for me when baking, but I got lucky this time. They came out crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside: ideal qualities in a cookie.

I ate three tonight, so I now need to get them out of my house. I'm sending them to my mom's office tomorrow; I hope her co-workers enjoy them! I wish I'd written down the recipe because I would probably make these again.

I have learned not to cheap out on chocolate chips, though. I bought some from the WinCo bulk bins because they're considerably cheaper than the packaged brands, but they're just not as good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would kill for one of those cookies. They look scrumptious!

Post a Comment